I was delighted to log into my account recently and see that the lovely Nicole of the blog nicseventysix had nominated me for the Sunshine Award. This really made me smile and I was again shown just how many great people there are out there with a friendly boost and some beams of sunshine! Nicole’s blog is fantastic, really inspiring and testament to the supportive and kind fellow blogger she is. Thank you Nicole for being so positive about Strictly Holistic – I’m so happy that you enjoy it.
Here are my answers that form part of receiving this award:
1. What’s your favourite place to be?
2. Do you play an Instrument, if yes, which one?
I used to play the flute in school but doubt I could get a toot out of it now!
3. If you did a sabbatical, what would you do or where would you go?
South America to learn Latin dance
4. What is creativity for you?
Feeling inspired and alive
5. Do you like to write handwritten letters, journals and notes, and if yes, why?
I like writing things down full stop – I find it cathartic!
6. Do you have a Motto or a theme song?
My motto is ‘Treat others as you would like to be treated’
7. Do you have a favourite, Kind of “lift-me-up-quote”?
“As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” Nelson Mandela
8. Do you do any kind of Meditation practice?
Yes 20 minutes of mindfulness practice ALMOST every day
9. Which song, book or film sticks with you for a long while already?
Probably something like the film ‘Moulin Rouge’ for the visual feast of fabulous colours and characters! (Maybe not the singing)
10. Which is your favourite kind of landscape? The sea, mountains, Woods or something else? Do have a preference at all?
I think standing on a mountain with a view out to sea would be perfect.
Part of accepting the Award is to nominate 10 People, drop them a lovely comment about them being nominated for the Sunshine Award on their Blogs and post their names and the links of their Blogs in your post.
Dear nominees, if you like to accept your Award, this is how you go about it.
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are ten people, whose blog posts I really enjoy reading:
- Mary of Be Well and Happy
- Melissa of Liberated Traveller
- Crystal of Cyrstal Nuding
- Nicole, Michelle and Trish of Sister Sister NYC
- Lidiya of Success through Simplicity
- Rachel of Raonaid
- Fancy of See Fancy Love
- Mary of Small, Blue Thing
- Mrs Tea of Mrs Tea Vintage
- Alex of Vintage Mouse
So dear nominees, here are the question I came up with:
1. What is your favourite season and why?
2. Do you have a favourite holistic treatment? If so, what is it?
3. Where do you feel most at peace?
4. Who is the most inspiring person you know and why?
5. What is your favourite creative outlet?
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
7. Name a book or film that has moved you….
8. What is your favourite quote?
9. What is the most inspiring place you have visited?
10. What is the best thing for you about blogging?